Ksapa provides scalable innovative solutions to help companies and investors to build more resilient, more inclusive yet more competitive operating models through strategic advice, impact investing solutions, and advocacy.
Our Invest Practice provides scalable innovative financing solutions and impact investing programs generating return and accelerating impact on Global Goals, through 3 product lines:
- Impact Investment
We help to develop and manage impact investing funds addressing especially two critical questions:
- Measure impact in a credible manner, and enable investors to make comparisons that drive investment decisions
- Upgrade management systems across phases of financial investment and operational management
- Sustainability Themed Investment
We know how to design, deploy and manage Systemic, Sustainable, Scalable, and Replicable investment solutions using our field, technical and financial expertise, impacting real people and real world
- We develop funds including financial institutions and businesses focused on a specific SDG theme to focus resources and impact
- For example, we have the know how to propose aggregate multiparty efforts, design and deploy digitalized vocational training solutions onboarding millions of workers in an industrial commodity supply chain, addressing poverty and deforestation issues while generating a return for investors
- Active Ownership
- We provide short to medium term shareholding or taylored innovative investment schemes to develop and manage funds invested in targeted segments of companies willing to drive transformation, such as decarbonization programs, productivity impacting social performance
- This can be notably relevant in the following illustrative situations. Investment in joint venture operations to operationalize energy transition activities. Investment in strategic suppliers to accelerate access to resources and expertise and secure activities or improve competitiveness including better social and environmental performance
The senior program lead will work closely with Ksapa’s head of invest practice to manage impact investment (e.g design and screen impact criteria) and/or sustainability themed (e.g lead development of programs spending budget lines such as scalable vocational training programs addressing targeted worker segments combining digital solutions with regular interactions with trainers) programs with Ksapa’s partners and clients (investors, industrials…).
As a focal point, he/she will take part in all of the steps of the project: identify opportunities, co-develop pertinent solutions, communicate with local and global partners, lead steering committees and more.
This position is full-time, and based in Paris, Singapore or Hong Kong.
Position responsibility and functions
The main responsibilities and functions will be:
- Program management (up to 60 percent of time allocation): The scheme of deployment targets hundreds to millions over a 5-year timeframe. The senior lead will play a key role in designing programs ensuring scalable deployment of vocational training solutions targeting specific industrial and agricultural segments across supply chains. This includes: close coordination with local partners, management of reporting activities and ongoing communication with funders, cursus co-development, interfacing with IT teams to adapt digital solutions and making sure there is a high adoption by targeted users, impact measurement.
- Business Development: The senior lead will be responsible for supporting development of fund-raising activities and/or new project opportunities across portfolio of clients and investors as applicable to complete funding vehicles
- External Representation: The senior lead will represent Ksapa to external audiences, by contributing to Ksapa’s Advocacy activities including: presenting at conferences, developing and sharing briefings and insights, actively using social media.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and languages:
- Master’s degree in sustainability and/or development preferred
- Fluent in both written and conversational English and French.
- Exposure in one of the following languages welcome: Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia, Hindi, Tamul, Thai
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience from a NGO (development programs), development agency, consulting firm; or corporate functions (sustainability, supply chain, QHSE, business operations)
- Global exposure including extensive field experience across factories, markets, clients, fields or other activities grounded in the real world of business operations, and sustainable development goals day to day reality
- Expertise in one of the following theme is a strong advantage: worker labor / living conditions / agricultural practices of smallholders and plantations / safety / migrant workers / child labor in agricultural commodity supply chains.
- IT friendly enough for active participation and understanding in the development of digital solutions aimed at improving practices across complex supply chains on social / environmental issues is a plus. commodity supply chains
- Strong project management skills
- IT Dexterity
- Proven and demonstrated track record of success in working with business leading client relationships
- At ease working in multitasking and multiple time zone operating environments
- At ease working not only face to face but also exclusively remotely with colleagues or clients
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence leadership/decision makers within the organization
- Excellent relationship management with good presentation and commercial skills
- Must be curious, adaptable, innovative, and possess good analytical skills & sound judgment; excellent oral and written communication skills; customer-service oriented; strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; and ability to sell ideas and motivate staff
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Ability to undertake business travel up to 30 percent of the time or more
- High ethical standards and commitment to Ksapa core values of excellence, respect, capacity to think big with humility, and passion for social change