Ksapa provides scalable innovative solutions to help companies and investors to build more resilient, more inclusive yet more competitive operating models through strategic advice, impact investing solutions, and advocacy. Our Strategic Advice Practice helps investors and companies to better understand their Environmental, Social and Governance risks and opportunities to design strategies building greater resilience and inclusive business models and value chains.
Our practice delivers 5 priority lines of services:
- Sustainability Consulting
- Business & Human Rights
- Climate & Circularity
- Responsible Supply Chains
- Sustainable Finance, Impact & ESG
The senior business and human rights consultant will work closely with Ksapa advise practice staff and affiliates to deliver consulting projects that provide high value to leading companies and organizations interested in improving their human rights approach and more globally their sustainability performance, embedding resilience and inclusiveness across assets, processes and operations, and effective risk and due diligence processes. The senior business and human rights consultant will also ensure high-quality production of client deliverables. This position is full-time and based in Paris.
Position responsibility and functions
The main responsibilities and functions will be:
- Project Implementation for consulting work: The senior consultant will take responsibility to execute consulting projects with clients, including: capacity to work in collaborative manner, maintain ongoing communication with team, flag concerns proactively and take initiatives to operate independently.
- Consulting activities: He/She will also play a key role in leading research, analytics, interviews, developing high quality deliverables for clients across projects delivered to investors and corporations.
- Business Development (up to 15-20%): In addition, the senior consultant will actively contribute to the firm’s reputation and its commercial development (networking, initial contact, marketing push…).
- Advocacy: The consultant will participate in the development of content (blog articles, briefing papers, webinars and other events) intrinsically linked to Ksapa’s status as a mission company.
- Ksapa day-to-day: He/She might also be required to carry out any task, particularly administrative or communication tasks, which contribute to the smooth running of
Discipline with methodologies, attention to details and capacity to back up big picture with robust sustainability and business arguments are key to succeed in the role and will be closely assessed across recruitment process and project reviews
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and languages:
- Master’s degree in business and/or sustainability/CSR/Human Rights preferred but not limited to
- Fluent in both English and French (written and conversational) ; Exposure in one of the following languages welcome: Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia, Hindi
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience from a consulting firm; corporate functions (sustainability, supply chain, QHSE, business operations)
- Strong expertise in human rights (business, risks, compliance) as well as one of the following theme is a strong advantage: climate and resilience, human rights and inclusive growth, ESG/sustainability strategy and management
- Interest and curiosity for digital solutions, innovative finance, disruptive technologies able to generate systemic, scalable cost effective solutions meeting business needs whilst accelerating collective action on Global Goals is very welcome
- Flexible and intellectual curiosity to navigate across ESG themes and business industries
- At ease working in multitasking and multiple time zone operating environments
- At ease working not only face to face but also exclusively remotely with colleagues or clients
- Capacity to demonstrate active listening and speaking skills to genuinely understand perspectives, as well as defend project and deliverable outcomes
- Excellent relationship management with good presentation and commercial skills.
- Top class capacity to use advanced Word, PowerPoint, Excel functions.
- Genuine interest to navigate, learn, use and keep an eye on social medias as part of professional activities
- Must be adaptable, innovative, and possess good analytical skills & sound judgment; excellent oral and written communication skills; customer-service oriented; strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; and ability to sell ideas and motivate staff.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Ability to undertake business travel up to 30 percent of the time or more
- High ethical standards and commitment to Ksapa core values of excellence, respect, capacity to think big with humility, and passion for social change