Ksapa provides scalable innovative solutions to help companies and investors to build more resilient, more inclusive yet more competitive operating models through strategic advice, impact investing solutions, and advocacy. Our Strategic Advice Practice helps investors and companies to better understand their Environmental, Social and Governance risks and opportunities to design strategies building greater resilience and inclusive business models and value chains.
Our practice delivers 5 priority lines of services:
- Sustainability Consulting
- Business & Human Rights
- Climate & Circularity
- Responsible Supply Chains
- Sustainable Finance, Impact & ESG
The senior consultant will work closely with Ksapa head of advise practice and staff to deliver consulting projects that provide high value to leading companies that are interested in improving their sustainability performance, embedding resilience and inclusiveness across assets, processes and operations, and implementing effective risk and due diligence processes.
The senior consultant will also ensure high-quality engagement with client companies and support business development efforts. This position is full-time and based in Paris.
Position responsibility and functions
The main responsibilities and functions will be:
- Consulting activities: The senior consultant will play a key role in delivering project services to clients, including investors and corporations
- Business Development: The senior consultant will be responsible for supporting development of proposals and will help to develop new business opportunities across portfolio of clients and projects as applicable
- Project Implementation (up to 60 percent of time allocation): The senior consultant will take responsibility to design and implement consulting projects with clients, including: accountability on contract execution (quality, timeline, scope and budget), client and people management, production of deliverables, presentation and facilitation of meetings. The senior consultant role requires strong methodologies and discipline leading research and analytics, as well as exceptional and demonstrated capacity to connect sustainability complexity and business priorities to design valuable and impactful recommendations generating transformational change, using best in class standards and having strong understanding of SDG agenda and how SDGs are interconnected together.
- External Representation: The senior consultant will represent Ksapa to external audiences, by contributing to Ksapa Advocacy activities including: presenting at conferences, developing and sharing briefings and insights, actively using social media.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and languages:
- Master’s degree in business and/or sustainability/CSR preferred
- Fluent in both written and conversational English; Fluency in French a plus. Exposure in one of the following languages welcome: Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia, Hindi
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience from a consulting firm; corporate functions (sustainability, supply chain, QHSE, business operations)
- Global exposure including extensive field experience across factories, markets, clients, fields or other activities grounded in the real world of business operations, and the sustainable development goals day to day reality
- Expertise in one of the following theme is a strong advantage: climate and resilience, human rights and inclusive growth, ESG/sustainability strategy and management
- Strong project management skills
- Proven and demonstrated track record of success in working with business leading client relationships
- At ease working in multitasking and multiple time zone operating environments
- At ease working not only face to face but also exclusively remotely with colleagues or clients
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills (face to face, phone, webinar, chat systems)
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence leadership/decision makers across client organizations
- Excellent relationship management with good presentation and commercial skills
- Must be adaptable, innovative, and possess good analytical skills & sound judgment; excellent oral and written communication skills; customer-service oriented; strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; and ability to sell ideas and motivate staff
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Ability to undertake business travel up to 30 percent of the time or more
- High ethical standards and commitment to Ksapa core values of excellence, respect, capacity to think big with humility, and passion for social change