The reasons why a company should monitor its social and environmental impact have become clear in the face of the climate and social emergencies. Measuring impact applies to all organizations, regardless of sector or size.
Companies can significantly reduce their costs, meet the increasing demands of investors and stakeholders, and facilitate the implementation of an increasingly important regulatory framework.
Our teams supervised the development of an impact approach for our client, a leader in the automobile sector, working with its buyers on its to measure impact on sensitive procurement activities.
Data collection is a complex exercise requiring a methodology adapted to the constraints of the local context. This exercise can then result in a rigorous impact measurement providing key information to decision-makers on both the socio-economic scope of a project and its environmental dimension.
The challenges of this mission were multiple:
- Translate a recognized methodology for data collection and impact measurement
- Apply the strategy to all key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Develop digital tools and measurement modules – routine questionnaire, interview…
- Implement a diligent monitoring process
Our teams approached the mission development phase through several granular steps that are:
- Defining the impact measurement formula
- Determining the sources of information upstream of data collection for each performance indicator
- Developing the supports for measuring the impact on the target population
- Adapt the data collection method to the local context
- Design the monitoring process
- Ensure compliance with international standards (World Bank, OECD-UNDP Impact Standards, IRIS metrics)
RESULTS & NEXT STEPS
The outcome of this mission allowed our client to operationalize the impact measurement of its project in a very concrete way on its target population thanks to :
- Innovative digital tools – digital impact measurement application
- Regular follow-up modules – routine questionnaires
- Visualization and aggregation of impact measurement reports
Buyers can rely on impact indicators which are consistent with corporate commitments, and fully aligned with international standards.
Ksapa is exploring with client solutions to expand program at scale to generate transformative changes on the ground. To mobilise and align finance to the SDGs, and, most importantly, to achieve impact, both public and private actors need to implement effective impact measurement and management practices. Impact management enables investors, enterprises and other stakeholders to include positive and negative impact considerations into investment and business decisions. Impact measurement allows organisations to set impact objectives, monitor impact performance and evaluate impact. This joint effort working closely with client has been a first step in this direction.